Wassink Family

Wassink Family

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Trust

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not to thine own understanding." This is my favorite verse in the Bible. It was actually our wedding verse. It was a good base to start our marriage on. This verse has grown in my heart during the 8 years we've been married. Trust is huge in the unknown of our lives. We never know what is going to happen one minute to the next. We need to learn to trust God in everything. I was reading out of "Come ye Little Children" book to the kids tonight for devotions. We are just starting to read about Moses and the Israelites entering into the desert and they had just complained about food the first time and God sent them manna. God was sending them through the desert to get to the land of Canaan to teach them lessons along the way. The Israelites needed to learn to trust God for EVERYTHING!! Food, water, and shelter were just a few thing they needed to learn. We can learn a lot from the Israelites. It seems like it happened so long ago that it shouldn't apply to us but it does. I've said it once to my co worker, Martina, that I've never liked reading about Moses and the Israelites and it was probably my least favorite stories in the Bible. I've had a hard time with it because all the people complained the whole time and you would think that they would learn their lessons quicker than they did. And then I realized that the reason I didn't care for it was because I am so much like the Israelites, and probably worse. I complain if it's too hot or too cold, I complain if I have to go grocery shopping, I complain if I don't get enough sleep. I endlessly complain and I'm not in a dry hot desert either!!! What an awful sinner I am! We have so much and we complain for more. It becomes an issue of contentment and trust. God gives bumps in the road so that we may learn to trust Him, just like the Israelites. Instead of our endlessly worrying that we do, we should pray and put all our trust in our Lord. I love that verse "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and LEAN NOT to thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5 & 6
What a wonderful comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment