Wassink Family

Wassink Family

Monday, November 26, 2012

REALLY!?!?!

It has been quite the few days over here at the Wassink house.  Leanne close to being admitted to the hospital on Friday, Saturday her beloved chicken died and then today.  I had a doctor appointment scheduled for Leanne for a recheck on her lungs and I took the babies along for flu shot.  First of all the babies were a mess.  I mean, they were the worst I have ever seen them act in public.  Whining and trying to get down.  I will not let them crawl on the nasty doctor office floor.  Never again will I have the babies come over supper hour.  That was mistake number one.  Thankfully my mom was there to help me.  My poor mother didn't know what she was getting herself into.  Leanne's lungs checked out okay.  Her oxygen level was 95% (normally between 98%-100%) and she checked Reed to and of course his asthma is beginning to flare up too.  Then after that we were waiting for the nurse to bring in the flu shots.  To keep my crabby babies occupied, I was letting them throw tissues in the air.  They thought it was so much fun until it happened.  Leanne bent down and hit the hinge of the door way with her head.  KABOOM!!!  I took one look at her and said "oh, no she needs stitches!"  The nurse practitioner heard me and came flying in the room.  Sure enough she had a gaping deep cut on the top of her forehead.  And my response, I was laughing!!  I couldn't help it.  I felt bad for my girl, but REALLY? REALLY?!.  The babies were still falling apart and my poor dear mother could barely handle all of this.  REALLY?!  REALLY?!!!  I mean we were almost out the door.  Thankfully we they looked closer they decided they could use bonding glue.  I was so thankful because Leanne was turning into a crying mess.  She screamed when they irrigated it and I don't blame her-it had to HURT!!  They got all glued together and it's looks okay.  And my poor mother was holding both babies, during all of this, on her lap and they were not sitting still for her at all.  After all that drama,we had to wait another 15 min before they could get their flu shots and they (Leanne and the babies) were NOT happy. The nurse practitioner just happened to pop her head in to tell us it wouldn't be much longer just as I was saying "I'm going to go insane!" To make the long story shorter we finally got that done and I left with three crying children.  By this time our appointment was already over a hour and I decided right then and there, it was time to pick up fast food from Wendy's and call it a night.  And my poor mother drove all the way back to Jenison after all that.  I don't think she will ever want to go help me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment