Wassink Family

Wassink Family

Sunday, December 30, 2012

some like it cold, some like it hot

Okay, so I know that there are a lot of coffee drinkers out there and now I have finally joined the bandwagon.  Coffee used to mean a bitter taste in my mouth and how could anyone ever like that disgusting stuff, until I ventured out and bought flavored coffee creamer and now I'm in love with  my glorified coffee. 
Now because I love coffee, I had to figure out how to make it.  Ross was just making extra for me before he left for work, but I upped my coffee intake to two times a day.  The first time I tried to make it was a bit of a challenge.  I put the grounds in the filter and put the water in, turned on the machine and I was expecting it to brew, but it came out pouring through just as fast as I put in the coffee maker.  And it was COLD!  So I thought that I just had to leave it in the pot and let it warm up on the tiny coffee burner.  Ten minutes later, it was still cold.  I resigned myself and put in the microwave to warm up my "coffee".  I may have done this a few days before I finally swallowed my pride and called Ross to learn how to make coffee.  Apparently, I was not supposed to put the water right on top of the grounds in the coffee filter.  Whoops!  Apparently, I was supposed to put the water down the side of the machine.  It felt so wrong the first time I dumped that water in where it was supposed to go.  I said to Ross "are you sure I'm supposed to dump it in there?  I'm not going to ruin the coffee machine, am I?"  He just chuckled and said it wouldn't ruin it.   He was right!  It didn't ruin it, it actually brewed my coffee and it was HOT! 
I can make supper, I can make desert, I can make bake goods, and now, ta da, I can make COFFEE (or should I just say I can make caffeine).

No comments:

Post a Comment