Wassink Family

Wassink Family

Monday, February 4, 2013

Juggling

Some decisions in life can be hard.  I've been extremely busy since the twins were born and spread very thin.  I was trying to get back into my career also.  I was picking up more day shifts and I even found a sitter that would be able to take care of everyone while I was away.  Even as I write this I can clearly see I was wrong.  But in the midst of it, I didn't feel like I was doing wrong.  I'm a nurse.  Being a nurse is a calling in life.  I loved my job, loved taking care of newborns and preemies, and enjoyed my fellow co workers.  Something was pricking my conscience but I continued to ignore it until I couldn't anymore.  I wasn't happy at home anymore.  What I thought would make me happy made me sad and irritable at home.  I found out firsthand that I couldn't be 100% mom and wife and 100% nurse.  Something had to give and it wasn't going to be my family.  I gave my two week notice at work.  There has been many tears in this process but I believe in letting go of my job, I have already grown as a mother, wife, and nurse.  Sometimes stepping away is the best thing to do.  I pray that God humbles my walk toward Him and continues to bless me and my family. 

Proverbs 31:27 and 28  "She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.  Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her"

No comments:

Post a Comment