Wassink Family

Wassink Family

Thursday, May 24, 2012

The dentist

I went to the dentist on Monday to get a cavity filled.  It was probably the easiest one I ever had.  I get quite a few cavities because I don't have the best teeth.  Then the dentist called me the next day and said I had to go back in to see him.  So I did.  He was going to numb me without any topical so I stopped him and told him I wanted the topical.  With some irritation, he called his assistant over to put that pre-numbing stuff on.  He told her I needed it all over my gums because he was going to numb my entire mouth.  When he stepped out of the room, I asked the dental assistant what I was getting done.  She wasn't really sure.  As soon as the dentist walked back in I asked him.  He said he needed to file down all my teeth because my voice was whiny like Rachel Ray's.  I shot out of that chair and ran for the door.  As I was running I said "I don't care if my voice is whiny, there is no way I'm going to let him numb my entire mouth."  And then I woke up.  I was so happy it was only a dream.  It was so real.  I really did go to the dentist on Monday and had a minor cavity fixed.  I'm so thankful I didn't need my entire mouth numb.

No comments:

Post a Comment