Wassink Family

Wassink Family

Sunday, June 10, 2012

The gift of motherhood

I remember back when Leanne was born, I actually cared what I wore and what I looked like.  Hair and make up done everyday and I would actually wear somewhat nice things.  Things have changed quite a bit from 6 years ago.  With every child I had things became more relaxed.  After I had Allison, I didn't care if I didn't put make up on during the day as long as I wasn't going anywhere.  Now, since having the twins, I'm happy if I have a clean shirt on.  It may start out clean, but I've become the human napkin.  Not only do I get food smeared on me, I get lovely boogers and lots and lots of drool.  I don't have as much time to get my hair done and makeup on, so I'm happy if I grab a quick shower before the babies are up. Otherwise I have to wait until nap time and I loathe waiting till 10:30 until I can finally get cleaned up.  I don't call it letting myself go, like many people on TV would say, but that my priorities changed.  I'm fine with not being first on my list.  I think that's the way God intended it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment