Wassink Family

Wassink Family

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A day in the life of Me

Everyone seems to ask me, "how are you doing?" Usually I answer good but extremely busy. What does extremely busy entail? For me, in this season of my life, it's getting everyone going in the morning. I'm thankful I can throw clothes at my older ones and they can get themselves dressed, but they still need help with getting breakfast and that sort of thing. Being busy is pumping first thing in the morning because either the twins are crying or they are about to. It's getting one twin fed,whatever one is screaming the loudest, and then feeding the other. Sometimes I resort to feeding them both at the same time and that is more difficult than it looks. Each baby wants a turn to be held and fed by themselves. I wouldn't want to lay on a stack of pillows with a bottle propped in my mouth either. Then I usually have to get both of the babies dressed and I'm happy if they didn't wet through everything. Every other day I give a bath to everyone. I've thought of spacing it out, but I don't want to do baths twice a day nor do I want to do baths every day. Then I finally get a chance to get myself together. I look up at the clock and it's lunchtime and time to pump again and time to feed the babies and make lunch for the other children. After lunch it usually quiets down a little. This is probably my best part of the day. I attempt to get a few things done around the house. Sometimes the babies take a nap together, but most of the time one goes down when the other wakes up. But I'm happy they are taking naps. That was a huge accomplishment for me. Then I look up at the clock and it's time to pump again and get dinner going. Then the kids play for a couple of hours and I have Ross to help me get everyone ready for bed. Ross is excellent with all five. I couldn't ask for a better husband. I'm so happy the babies go to sleep around 9pm, it gives me a chance to relax before I go to bed and start all over in the morning. But with the busyness of this season of my life is a great joy for me. I love watching my children grow, I love all the kisses and I love yous, I love being the first person they see in the morning and the last person at night. I strive to be a good mother towards them and I pray for patience through out the day. I love Leanne, Clay, Allison, Luke, and Reed.

No comments:

Post a Comment