Wassink Family

Wassink Family

Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Clay Turns 5

Clay David Wassink- 7 pounds even, born January 6, 2007

I can't believe it's been 5 years since Clay was born. He was my easiest delivery, my easiest baby, but so far my hardest toddler (we'll see if I change my mind once the twins are older). He was NOT defiant, he did not throw tantrums, and he got along with Leanne. He was the hardest because he was very mischievous. Five examples of this (because he's turning 5) are: 1. Once I found him eating part of a plastic Christmas bulb that he had smashed. 2. One Sunday morning Ross found him in the living room eating cupcakes that had green frosting on them. Some of the cupcakes were upside down on the white carpet. 3. He took a pen and drew a line all the way down the couch cushions. 4. All the numerous times I caught him coloring on the walls. He even did it once when we had family visitation. Talk about embarrassing. 5. The best way I can describe this one is by pictures. He was 2 years old when this incident occurred.
Baking soda on my kitchen floor
buttered popcorn salt on my kitchen floor
just follow the baking soda footprints into the living room
Brand new can of formula. He also found chocolate chips and marshmallows.
He found a car to play with. I think he thought it was sand.
He found a play butterfly net and "caught" my snow globe.
The above photos are all pictures from one mess. I'm happy I took pictures of it so I could look back at it and remember how mischievous he was. I wished I would have strapped a video camera on his head just to see what he did when I wasn't looking. I would have called it Clay's World.
Thankfully, I hope, we are beyond his crazy messes. Clay has filled our life with joy and entertainment. He is so lovable and mischievous. That's probably my favorite things about him. I'm looking forward to watching him grow up in the next years. I'm sure we'll always have plenty of Clay stories to tell. HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY CLAY!! WE LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

  1. fun! he's such a sweetie, don't know why you think he's naughty... lol...

    ReplyDelete