Wassink Family

Wassink Family

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Life's little surprises

Ross and I have had many surprises during our married life. I think the biggest one was when we found we were expecting twins. It took us a few weeks to get over the shock of that one and now that we have them we feel so blessed and happy. This week the big surprise was that we bought a new home. Well it's not actually brand new, but new to us. We will be moving closer to the farm. We are thrilled. When we found out that this house was going into forclosure (this past summer) we would drive to the house and sit in the drive way and pray about it. It finally went on the market a couple of months later and it was priced way too high and it needed a lot of TLC. Ross and I felt like it wasn't going to happen for us, but still we prayed "Thy will be done". Even if we did not get the house, His will would be done and we would be at peace with it. It feels like everything is falling into place. We kept saying that the house was built for us. It has 5 bedrooms and a office that could be turned into a playroom. It has a large family room downstairs. If anything, I really wanted a bigger family room. We spend a lot of time together as a family and sometimes ours feels a bit small. The house is pretty much seculeded. I wanted to get off the busy road so I didn't have to worry about my children getting hit by a car, now I'll have to worry about them getting hit by a blueberry harvester. We are so incredibly blessed. We have healthy children and a place to call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment